EARN Meetings are generally held the first Thursday of each month at the St. Patrick's Church
Parish Center at 7:25 PM beneath the new church located at the corner of Moseman Road and Hanover Street.
Our next meeting will be Thursday, November 6th, 2014 at 7:25 P.M.
Topic: Key Milestones of an Effective Job Search Strategy
Ed McCabe will present on the job search strategy, and the tactics which today's job seekers will need to land a position.
Four key subjects (or tactical milestones) will be the focus of this month's presentation:
Our speaker, Ed McCabe, is currently Senior Consultant, Senior Trainer and Executive Job Coach at Lee Hecht Harrison,
and has consulted for the firm for the past 14 years. Prior to his consulting career at Lee Hecht Harrison, Ed pursued
a 35 year career with JP Morgan Chase, 27 of them in human resources, ten years of which were as Senior Vice President
for Chase Bank New Jersey, responsible for Human Resources, Public Relations and Corporate Social Policy.
- Determine Your Target -- the strategy of a job search;
- Get the Message Out -- how to effectively communicate that you are looking for work;
- Talk With the Hiring Manager -- how to impress a hiring manager in a thirty minute conversation; and
- Interview and Cultivate Offers -- closing the deal
Ed holds an MBA in Executive Management from NYU's Stern School of Business and an undergraduate degree in Business
Management from Saint Francis College, Brooklyn New York. He also completed the JP Morgan Chase Executive Seminar at
Harvard University and the Advanced Program for Human Resources Executives at the University of Michigan.
Location: St. Patrick's Parish Center (Lower Level of the New Church)
137 Moseman Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Career Transition Plan
People will change careers 7 times as adults. This is a fairly recent situation. So it is very important that people understand and master Job Changes. Many people take what they think is a temporary job to cover some mounting expenses only to find that they have entered a new field for which they are ill prepared. The Career Transition Process identifies many of the topics one must master or at least be acquainted with. The Process is a general transition flow chart that represents major steps from Transitioning out of a company, Knowing Yourself, Marketing Yourself, Selling Yourself, Negotiating a New Job and ultimately to Keeping Your Next Job. There are many job search topics one must learn about to successfully find a new job. These topics are associated with each of the major steps. EARN speakers address these topics throughout the year and the Job Search Work Team covers many in more detail. For more information, visit our Career Transition Plan Page.
This section will help you obtain all the Resources you need during your Career Transition.
For more information, visit our Resources Available Page.
Job Search Work Team (JSWT)
The Job Search Work Team is intended for those people that are looking for work who are willing to step-up and better organize their search efforts. The purpose of the team is simple: the appropriate placement of each team member as soon as possible. The team functions as:
- An advisory panel that provides guidance in dealing with day-to-day issues and problems of job hunting. By hearing and providing advice on a wide range of practical issues, team members learn more quickly how to conduct an effective search.
- A core network that expands your personal network by sharing leads, information and contacts. Team meet meetings are designed to accelerate networking within the group, and the team becomes a learning laboratory for networking.
- A task support group that encourages members to support each other in their search projects. Team members pledge a limited amount of time each week to assist other members. The team is a support community of people in transition.
- A project management team that helps you monitor your progress, providing support to keep your search focused and productive.